50 Plus Agers Market Facts
- Have more discretionary income than any other age group
- Own 73% of all financial assets
- Spend more money on travel than any other age group
- Eat out on an average of three times per week
- Buy computers and smartphones to stay connected!
- Use Internet daily for email, online banking, and purchase products and services
- Exercise more, eat better and feel younger!
In 1996, the first 78 million Baby Boomers turned 50, becoming the fastest growing portion of the population. Over the next decade, Baby Boomers will become seniors at a rate of 11,000 per day. These new Boomers are the most active people over 50 years old. As the population ages, the number of Americans ages 50 to 54 will soar to more than 17 million in 2010. According to a White House sponsored conference on aging, Americans 55 and older have 2 1/2 times the discretionary income of those between 18 and 34. Right now, seniors have almost $4.3 trillion in spending power.
Why Advertise with 50 Plus Marketplace news?
50 Plus Benefits:
- Colorado’s largest 50 plus newspaper with over 200,000 circulation covering 100 cities/towns in 16 counties
- Four local community editions includes Denver Metro (seven counties), Bouder, Larimer, and Weld counties
- Great market resource with over 1.2 million 50 plus agers along the Front Range and growing
- Exciting and informational lifestyle news and columns for all ages
- Connecting 50 plus adults with local businesses
- Mobile user friendly website with appealing online and video ads
The Information Resource for People 50 Years and Older