Interesting People You Meet

By Michael Buckley, Associate Publisher

David O’Burke

David O’Burke

On a frequent basis I find myself at the Windsor Library. There is an area with a desk I enjoy taking advantage of to do my 50 Plus Marketplace News work contacting advertisers, writing articles and whatever else needs addressed.

Recently, I have had the privilege of meeting a young man, David O’Burke. He is a high school student in his senior year.

We have had several opportunities to chat about any number of topics. I’ve enjoyed our conversations. David impresses me as being quite studious and dedicated to his school endeavors.

He was born in Greeley and raised in Windsor. His parents are originally from Texas, father from Beaumont, and his mother from Fort Worth. He has two older brothers both born and raised in Colorado, the oldest is a college graduate named Jacob, and second is a student at UNC named Matthew. David shared about being born into his family was a gift from Christ. Some would say it was luck, but he calls it blessing. Being a senior in high school has been very exciting for him. For his senior year, he was assigned to write an essay on any topic in history he chose. The topic he ended up selecting was engaging in extensive research and study of World War II leaders keeping himself open to focusing on one as his research and study unfolded. Of particular interest to David is the various leaders’ character, motivation and psychology; just what drove them, their failures and successes. And, how their presence, at the time, influenced the war and their impact on the world.

David is finding his work quite interesting, certainly educational and worthy of his time and efforts. For me, becoming acquainted with David is a genuine pleasure. He is a blessing. And, blesses people around him. So, David, you are wished an abundance of life’s achievements. And, the best of luck along the way!

Jenna

Jenna

Just let Jenna know at Coffee House 29 in Windsor. She stands ready to create your favorite coffee beverage. Just black, no cream or sugar and no room at the top is okay too! And, tea too!

Jenna and her family, Dad, Mom, two brothers and 3 sisters are Windsor residents. The family really likes the community. Jenna successfully completed the Ellerslie Discipleship Training. She is proud of her accomplishment. And, thanks God.

Jenna is very active in her church. She is a lover of kids at Windsor High School where she has the opportunity to advance her Fellowship of Christian Athletes Ministry.

Jenna says working at Coffeehouse 29 gives her just the right setting to show the love of Christ to her customers and be a light to the community as a whole.

“Live in Light of Eternity” is one of Jenna’s favorite quotes. She is a blessings to those she serves.

Stop by Coffeehouse 29. Say hi to Jenna. And, let her know your favorite coffee.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.50plusmarketplacenews.com/308581/weld-county-latest-news/interesting-people-meet