Hungry Kid’s Week Collection

The Human Bean locations of Northern Colorado will be collecting healthy snacks and/or new or gently used books for Kindergarten through 8th grade students, safely through their windows. The drive is designed to feed the students body and mind. As an incentive, the Human Bean will give customers a punch for each item donated (up to 10 punches) to encourage more donations! Punch cards can then be redeemable a 20oz drink.

Hungry Kids Campaign

Donations will also be accepted at the Assistance League® of Greeley Thrift Store at 1706 9th St in Greeley. Donations will be distributed to students at Title I schools in Weld County Schools.

Here’s individual healthy snack ideas: Nuts, Seed, Tuna, Protein Bars, Roasted Chick Peas, Peanut Butter Snacks, Granola, Nut Bars, Cheese Crackers, Cheese Pop-corn, and Roasted Endame.

Assistance League chapters throughout the nation are making plans to participate in this nationwide effort to raise awareness of the importance of promoting childhood literacy by putting books in the hands of children. The Greeley chapter acknowledged the need to also help feed children and have included nutritional snacks in their effort to help students in need.

Assistance League® of Greeley sponsors six philanthropic programs throughout the year. These include Single-Parent Scholarships, Assault Survivor Kits®, Operation School Bell®, Warm Up Weld, Color Me Weld and File of Life.

Join an incredible group of volunteers who are dedicated to making a difference in our community. We offer unique volunteer opportunities that fit your interests and time: Email us for more information algmembership@gmail.com

Permanent link to this article: https://www.50plusmarketplacenews.com/380449/weld-county-latest-news/hungry-kids-week-collection