CU Presents Two Dance Performances

momix

CU Presents’ 80th-anniversary Artist Series kicks off with a desert-inspired dance performance by MOMIX, a company famous for its astounding creativity and stunning visual tricks. The company, an Artist Series favorite, is back by popular demand.

“A typical MOMIX performance is surreal and dreamlike,” Founder and Artistic Director Moses Pendleton says. “If you’re in the audience, you should expect the unexpected and hopefully go away with a bit more lightness to your step.”

The Boulder performance takes place Sunday, October 2, at 7:30 p.m. in Macky Auditorium. A preconcert lecture by Associate Professor and Director of Dance Erika Randall is at 6:45 p.m. across the street from Macky Auditorium in the CU Heritage Center’s Old Main Chapel.

Tickets for this performance start at $20. To purchase, visit the CU Presents box office in person (972 Broadway), call 303-492-8008 during business hours or visit us online anytime. Note: All online and phone orders are subject to a service fee.

Continuing the exciting 2016-17 dance season at CU Boulder is “Boneless,” a showcase of two works by MFA students intent on uncovering who we really are underneath our society’s thick layers of commercialism and social standards. These two works, incorporating contemporary dance, animal instinct and skateboarding, come to CU’s Charlotte York Irey Theatre Oct. 21-23.

Both works in “Boneless” use richly physical movement to peer beneath the surface of human existence to discover who we are without social expectations and commercialization.

Performances: Friday, Oct. 21, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, 2 p.m., in the Charlotte York Irey Theatre.

Tickets for “Boneless” start at $16. To purchase tickets, visit the CU Presents box office in person (972 Broadway), call 303-492-8008 during business hours or visit us online anytime. Note: All online and phone orders are subject to a service fee.

Coming up later this fall is “Open Space,” a student-produced and CU Dance Connection-created showcase, and “FRESH,” a sampler of graduate and undergraduate student works. For a complete listing of dance works, visit: http://www.cupresents.org/events/.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.50plusmarketplacenews.com/7801/boulder-county-latest-news/cu-presents-dance-performances