CSU Women’s Association

scholarship-reception

The CSU Women’s Assoc. held their Scholarship Recognition Reception on Thursday, November 3, at the Fort Collins Senior Center. The event was sponsored by Jean Sutherland and the First National Bank. This year, there were 24 students who were honored at the reception.

CSUWA has been in existence for over 100 years, with approximately 150 members who are associated with CSU or members of the community interested in CSU. They are a non-profit group whose main interest is raising funds for scholarships through donations from our members. CSUWA as an organization has given over $250,000 in scholarships to CSU students since 1979.

There are also currently 16 named scholarships whose donors associate with CSUWA. The first named scholarship was given in 1991, and over $259,000 has been given in scholarship since that time. There are several criteria for receiving scholarships, but special attention is given to nontraditional students and students with health concerns, plus 3-point GPA students who may not otherwise be able to get a scholarship.

CSUWA membership is open to all members of the community, CSU faculty, staff, spouses, and is seeking new members. Anyone interested in attending a meeting or joining CSUWA should contact President Linda Paule at www.csuwa.colostate.edu/.

Photo credit: CSU Women’s Association (CSU Scholarship Recipients 2016-2017)

Permanent link to this article: https://www.50plusmarketplacenews.com/7970/larimer-county-latest-news/csu-womens-association